Are you happy with your hair?
Many people experience several hair issues right from birth because of factors which can be internal (inside the body) or external. For such matters, mustard oil which is also known as ‘also ka tel’ in Hindi is the solution. Regular use of this oil was in vogue a long time ago, when there were no cosmetics. This article will enlighten you on how this magical elixir can perform wonders on your hair.
Benefits of Mustard Oil
- It is rich in antioxidants, for example, selenium, which shields cells from adverse environmental conditions. Regular utilization of mustard oil for hair can help curb hair damage and restore its natural texture
- Mustard oil is comprised lots of proteins, required for hair growth and maintenance of healthy, strong hair. So if you always complain of hair loss, it’s very possible you lack sufficient essential proteins, and your body is coordinating any protein reserves towards more primary function from the hair. Lastly, mustard seed oil is rich in Omega-3 a fatty acid which is essential for fast hair growth and lustrous, strong hair
- It comprises lots Of Vitamins and Minerals: Abundantly found in India, mustard oil is a rich essential alpha fats, and various vitamins like A, D, E, and K, and minerals. It is an excellent source of beta-carotene zinc and selenium. Beta-carotene is converted to vitamin A, and it directly aids in healthy growth.
- Conditions Hair: Mustard oil is an amazing conditioner. It contains the fundamental alpha fatty acids, which help in the conditioning of hair generously
Risk associated with the use of Mustard oil
Although mustard seed oil is good for hair growth, too much application of the oil is not good for your hair since there will be a formation of oil layer on the hair. This will make the hair become sticky and dust particles or other foreign particles will stick to the hair
- Also, excessive application of mustard oil is risky especially in a case whereby the excess oil is not properly washed off. The remaining oil scalp tends to clog the hair pores and prevent the scalp from breathing, thus leading to hair fall.
Mustard Seed Oil Recipes for Hair
- Mix it in with almond, coconut and olive oil and then massage the hair and scalp. Cover your hair using a shower cap for about 2-3 hours, then wash and condition as usual. You can likewise apply some heat for a better result.
- For natural treatment of dandruff, you can add several drops of mustard seed oil to your hair and scalp and massage in. Afterwards, leave it for an hour, then shampoo and condition.
- You can add mustard oil with a henna treatment to fight hair graying.